Friday, July 22, 2011

a couple projects and 4th of july

This summer I have been cooking (or at least trying) more often.  One day I decided to make a chocolate pound cake with a bundt pan I got for 50 cents at a garage sale.  Well...oops.  I didn't realize my pan was smaller than what the recipe called for so it overflowed into the oven and smelled our apartment up for a while.


But that same night I had a cooking success.  I made a tomato basil pizza with our fresh basil from our garden and a fresh tomato from our garden.  So yummy!


My next project was what I saw on this blog.  I wanted to make one for Logan for when he gets older.  He's wearing the one I made in the pictures below.  It's obviously too big for him now, but hopefully it will fit him either this winter or next winter. If not, maybe for our next boy. I love how it turned out! Not too hard of a project either!




 The picture above is also evidence that Logan has gone WIRELESS!!! He no longer is connected to his apnea monitor.  That thing will make Darrin and I hear beeping forever.  The pediatrician even said she had new found appreciation for me for dealing with it because of how often it went off for no reason. We are grateful our little guy is healthy enough to be off oxygen and his monitor!

We went to Idaho Falls for the 4th of July again this year.  I have to say I love this holiday! The last few years our traditions have been: Breakfast on the Boulevard, frisbee golf, lunch together, and then fireworks.  Here is how Logan was through the whole fireworks show-what a good boy!


Family picture at the river before the fireworks started.


Over the 4th of July weekend, Logan turned 2 month old.  Here are his 2 month stats:
Length: 24 inches, 78th percentile
Weight: 12 lbs 15.5 oz, 71st percentile.
Big baby! 
Here's a picture of him at about 2 months:


A little bit of a smile to end off with. (We haven't successfully gotten a picture of a complete smile...)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He looks just like you, Rachel!

Amy said...

that pizza looks delicious! Will you post the recipe you used?

Laura said...

SUCH a cute hat! I would be scared to try something that looks that involved! And, congrats on getting rid of the apnea monitor...hopefully the ringing/beeping in your ears will go away soon!
Sure love you guys!