I grew up going to Portland about once a year to visit family, but this time is completely different. I want to write down my first impressions so I don't forget them.
First, the positives:
1. Love our apartment. It's a one-bedroom but the closet is big enough for Logan's crib and our clothes! It's clean and feels more like home than I anticipated.
2. It's great to see family. It has been a while since I last saw them.
3. The yummy pizza smell outside our apartment. We live in a building with a pizza place. We can't smell it inside, but when we step outside--yum!
4. Traffic isn't as bad as I thought it might be.
5. I feel proud of the fact that I've been able to find my way around a big city :)
6. It feels like an adventure, and I'm excited for it!
Now the negatives:
1. No plastic bags at Fred Meyer. Really? I care about the environment as much as the next person, but I use those plastic bags as garbage bags. Paper bags are hard to carry groceries in with a baby, too.
2. The toothless lady who was talking to herself right outside our apartment. It was a little frightening, but maybe she's nice?
3. The neighborhood feels a little sketchy. Darrin said no going outside after dark for me. :S
4. The cigarette smoke. Don't people know those things are bad for them?!
5. Just a little homesick being around an unfamiliar place.
I have a bunch to catch up on, so I'll be posting soon and hopefully more often!