Tuesday, October 9, 2012

birthday and conference

Last Friday was my birthday, and it was so much fun. It was really relaxing and just perfect.  I didn’t think I would enjoy it much being away from most of our family, but I was wrong. Darrin cooked me an omelet for breakfast and we mostly hung around the house in the morning. Right after lunch we went to Walmart so I could buy a few favorite snacks with my birthday money. With our budget so tight lately these snacks were a real treat!

My sister, Mindy was so kind and gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I got that done while Logan was napping at home with Darrin.  The lady was so cute and very relaxing.  My first pedicure, I think it turned out cute—Thanks, Mindy!



It was also General Conference weekend for our church.  Since we don’t have internet or cable, we went to the stake center for the sessions.


Of the talks I heard (Darrin and I took turns going to the afternoon sessions because it was during Logan’s nap time and we would have been miserable taking him) my favorite was probably M. Russel Ballard’s talk on service. Usually he is a little hard for me to listen to without getting sleepy…but he really wowed me this time.  I think it was just what I needed to hear. He challenged us to ask in our morning prayer to recognize opportunities to serve others.  If we do that we will be able to be truly converted and make service and charity a part of our natures.  I’m taking his challenge, and I hope you will too!

No comments: